Meeting minutes for Wednesday, 19 April 2017
In attendance: Barbara, Bob, Jeff, Kara
Welcome and Introductions
Our group now has an EIN number for tax purposes. Barbara sent this info to Tilo.
- Group social media account updates
- Barbara is posting more often to the group Twitter and FB pages.
- Ovette reposts (from Barbara's Instagram page) items related to AI to the group Instagram page.
- Marsha posts to the group's G+ page.
- Meeting announcements: posted to Twitter and FB via Hootsuite
- FB overview:
- "reach" = number of people who saw the ad at least once
- "impressions" = number of times a post from a page is displayed. (People may see multiple impressions of the same post. For example, if someone sees a page update in news feed and then sees that same update when a friend shares it, that would count as two impressions.)
- "engagement" = like, click, comment, or reaction
- "page views" = individuals who choose to browse a page. (An actual visit to a profile marks a higher level of engagement than simply liking a post in the news feed. This suggests a more active interest than a convenience-based like.)
- FB announcement of our April meeting was “boosted” (cost: $20) on April 16, 17, and18 to 22- to 45-year-olds living within 10-mile radius of West Chester, Phoenixville, Radnor
- An additional “reach” of 490 persons gained for the post
- 14 “engagements,” mostly “likes” to the post. Those who liked the post were invited to like our FB page.
- Cost per engagement: $1.34
- Plan for FB use
- Will take time to increase our number of Fb followers (likes to page)
- We may wish to “boost” a post a few times per year. Targeted advertisements also a possibility
- One or two tweets/day from AIUSA’s Twitter account being fed into our group’s Twitter and FB accounts for extra content
- Meetings now posted to online community events calendars of chestercounty.com, delconewsnetwork.com, mainlinemedianews.com, philly.com, phillyfunguide.com
- Barbara will check with some local radio and TV stations (e.g., KYW, WHYY) to see if they have a community events calendar or do announcements of community events
- Struan is checking list of area newspapers to see if they feature print calendar of events