In attendance: Jeff, Barbara, Bob, Tilo, Struan, Bill, April, Marsha
NOTE: May meeting conducted online via Zoom and Blue Jeans
Welcome and Introductions
- Supporters of Former Child Soldier Released Early (Myanmar): UA 30.20
- Minutes (Marsha): all minutes are up to date
- Treasurer (Tilo): No change in our funds
- Social Media Director (Barb): outreach for May meeting brought April Z to us!
- Independent Booksellers Tortured by Police (Viet Nam): UA 78.20
- Arbitrary Detainee Held Incommunicado (Venezuela): UA 81.20
- Activists Facing Harassment and Intimidation (Angola): UA 71.20
- Political Leader Imprisoned for Speech (Algeria): UA 48.20
- Uyghur Jailed for 15 Years in Secret Trial (China): UA 79.20
- Whistleblower Doctor Facing Reprisals (Russian Federation): UA 77.20
- Rakhine Journalist Remains in Hiding (Myanmar): UA 87.19
- Ill-treated Prisoner Risks Total Paralysis (Iran): UA 72.20
- Jeff asked Laura Galeano (Programs Associate at AIUSA) why our case file, Fomusoh Ivo Feh, was selected to be an Amnesty case file (because there are lots of people in prison in Cameroon) --> Laura told Jeff that Fomusoh Ivo Feh is a representative case
- Discussion about looking for a new meeting place.
- Jeff talked to a few churches in Downingtown
- Messiah Lutheran said yes!
- We will check them out further when in-person meetings are possible
- Next group meeting: Wednesday, 17 June 2020, 7:30 p.m., via AIUSA Zoom account (but may switch to another app if connection is poor)