In attendance: Barbara, Bob, Tilo, April, Brendan, Michele, Marsha, Struan
Treasurer's Report (Tilo)
- We currently have $882. Members are reminded to pay the $25 annual group dues.
Group 382 Coordinator's Report (Barb)
- Movie event: The Free China movie event was a big success! Barb will write up an event summary that will be posted separately.
- Report on meet-and-greet with Steve Hawkins, the new executive director of AIUSA.
- Held Monday, 21 October, 7–9 p.m. at the Philadelphia Ethical Society
- The 20–30 attendees included April, Barb, Colin, Struan, and Alex (and his wife, Anchi) from our group; some people from NJ; two people from Arcadia University; no one from the Philly AI group
- Topics included decentralizing research papers, etc. and creating hubs that each have a different emphasis; disregarding the home country rule
- For the December or January meeting: maybe discuss writing a letter to AIUSA leadership about what we want to see in the organization
Actions and Updates
- Global Write for Rights event at Ten Thousand Villages on Saturday, 14 December, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Barb will arrange for a Dreamer to speak at our December meeting (International Migrants Day)