In attendance: Barbara, Bob, Brendan, Gina, Jeff, Tilo
Welcome and Introductions
Our annual Write for Rights event took place at Ten Thousand Villages in Exton on Saturday, 12 December 2015, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. This event yielded 78 cards that were signed and sent.
- Actions on behalf of the 12 cases highlighted in the 2015 Write for Rights
Proposal for a joint meeting with Amnesty International Group 112 (Philadelphia Center City) in February at the Ethical Society (1906 Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA 19103), possibly on a Saturday afternoon
- Topic: Amnesty International Policy on the Human Rights of Sex Workers (adopted 29 October 2015), which supports full decriminalization of all aspects of consensual sex work involving adults. Neither the workers nor the customers would face arrest or criminal charges.
- Speaker: Phoebe Jones, Global Women’s Strike, advocate of decriminalization
- Members at today's meeting favored having the joint meeting on the fourth Thursday of the month (the regular meeting time of Group 112).
- Barbara will speak with Ron Coburn (coordinator of Group 112) and Phoebe Jones about scheduling. She will also scan and send the text of the AI resolution to members of Group 342.
20 January 2016, 7:30 p.m.: January meeting at the cafe in Wegmans, Malvern, PA