In attendance: Jeff, Barbara, Struan, Gina, Tilo
Welcome and introductions
Social media report
- Facebook (39 followers)
- Good activity in the last month (July 16 through August 12).
- We acquired 3 new followers and now have a total of 39. Our reach for the period (number of persons who saw our posts in their stream) was 186.
- Twitter (67 followers)
- There were 3,027 impressions (those who saw our posts in their stream, either as subscribers or in search results) in July and 525 during August 1-10
- Instagram (104 followers—many are other AI groups around the world)
- Snapchat (we now have an account and Barbara will begin posting)
Malvern Harvest Oktoberfest: Group 342 tabling
- Sunday, September 9, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Jeff will set up.
- Barbara and Bob will arrive at noon and stay till close.
- Barbara will send out a call for staffers on Google list.
- Jeff reported that the YMCA of Greater Brandywine (where he is a member) hosts a Welcoming Week for refugees with various activities including a dinner. Sounds similar to AI's activities as described by Prachi last month.
- Barbara will inquire if Upper Main Line YMCA has anything similar.
Zip code search and handwritten invitation effort
- Prachi has received permission to do a zip code search of contributors to AIUSA who live on the Main Line and in areas of Chester County surrounding Malvern.
- The process is taking a bit longer than expected, but we should have search results soon and have an idea of numbers of contributors. Jeff then will recruit members of our group to handwrite invitations for her to send out.
- The New York group of AI is interested in doing a similar zip code search.
Jeff still wishes to start a new group on the Main Line.
Updates and Actions
- Independent Journalist Must Be Immediately Released (Tajikistan): UA 138.18
- Thousands of Residents Risk Forced Evacuation (Kenya): UA 141.18
- NGO Worker's Administrative Detention Renewed (Israel/OPT): UA 226.17