In attendance: Jeff, Barbara, Bob, Tilo, Kara, Marsha
Welcome and introductions
- Barbara attended a screening of the documentary Mother's Day: The Forgotten Victims of Death Row at the Bryn Mawr Film Institute on August 25
- Jeff brought an AI report on AI successes over the past month.
- We were planning to have a table at the Malvern Harvest Oktoberfest on September 9, but the event was rained out. (Maybe we can see about getting a table for a similar event there in early May.)
Social media report
- In recent months, Barbara has been "boosting" our meeting announcements on Facebook. This month she used the funds to place ads on three local Patch websites.
- (Thanks, Jeff, for providing the funds for these PR Adventures!)
- Whereabouts of Community Activist Unknown (Angola): UA 152/18
- Amal Fathy Remains Imprisoned as Trial Is Postponed (Egypt): UA 98/18
- US–Mexico Asylum Deal Would Put Many at Risk (Mexico): UA 150/18
- Saturday, 3 November 2018, University of the Sciences, Philadelphia
- Barbara. Bob, and Jeff plan to attend: perhaps they can find a country/region specialist there who's willing to do a presentation at one of our monthly meetings—maybe in conjunction with getting a new case?
- Barbara reviewed some of the conference proposals
Next meeting: Wednesday, 17 October 2018, 7:30 p.m., Wegmans cafe in Malvern