In attendance: Bob, Barbara, Tilo
Welcome and Introductions
- Defamation charges for exposing labor abuse (Thailand): UA 73.19
- Incommunicado detainee at risk of torture (United Arab Emirates): UA 75.19
- Prisoner of conscience tortured to confess (Vietnam): UA 72.19
- “Can Amnesty International Fix Its Toxic Work Culture?” Secretary-General Kumi Naidoo interviewed by Al Jazeera English
- Amnesty International Staff Well-Being Report by Konterra International
- Recommendations (from the executive summary):
- Work to repair ruptures and foster a sense of safety and trust among senior leadership, the organization, and staff.
- Work to counter a culture of criticism and blame by fostering a development culture.
- Implement a comprehensive and systematic approach to staff well-being.
- Improve support for issues related to stress.
- Enlist, equip, and better support managers to improve well-being.
- Review and professionalize people and organizational development.
Next meeting: Wednesday, 17 July 2019, 7:30 p.m., Wegmans cafe in Malvern